Mobile gaming is a huge industry with free-to-play titles, premium games, and subscription services like Google Play Pass all vying for a piece of the pie.
Obviously at least some of our readers are spending money on mobile titles, but how many are squirting out each month? We asked you that earlier this week, and that is what you said.
How much do you spend on mobile gaming each month?
We released the poll on Monday, July 19th, with just over 1,600 votes collected so far. The result? Well, it turns out that the vast majority of surveyed readers (80%) don’t spend money on mobile gaming every month. The comments suggest that some people chose this option because they are more likely to spend money sporadically than every month. Some comments also suggest that some users just don’t play games on their phone.
And the people who spend money every month? Well, the most popular option was the tier 1 to $ 4.99, and it’s easy to see why this might be the case. There are a ton of games to buy at this level, while there are plenty of in-app purchases available in this price range. Additionally, the Google Play Pass subscription service costs $ 4.99 per month.
Otherwise, 7% of respondents say they spend $ 10 or more every month. That number rises to 11% if we include people who are spending $ 5 or more.
- Martin Pollard: I’m one of those weirdos who see their phone as a communication device, not a game console. If I play games at all, it’s a quick game of solitaire or blackjack while I’m in a restaurant, for example, waiting for my table to be ready.
- Tennis freak: I chose the “I don’t spend any money on games” option because I don’t “spend a month” on games. I only buy full items once for all functions and they are becoming increasingly rare. So I don’t buy every month, I buy a game maybe twice a year. I think there are enough fools out there to keep these “freemium” games in business, but I will absolutely never buy or spend a dime on them.
- Bobby Phoenix: I might spend $ 5.00 on the Clash Royale Season Pass twice a year. Only if they have really good rewards. I think the most I ever spent on any mobile game was $ 80.00. I know it’s a lot, but for what I still have / play it was worth it.
- Flashing: Why should anyone spend money on mobile gaming? It’s a scam.
- Konrad Uroda-Darłak: Where is “it depends”?
- DLS: zero. I only pay for real games on PC or consoles. I always thought cell phone games sucked and they always try to sell their crap.
Thank you for your vote on this poll and for leaving comments. Are you even spending money on mobile gaming if you don’t spend cash every month? Let us know below.