Tips to boost your site’s backlinks
Once your site is live, the job is done; or perhaps not! In fact, the real work stars once your site is live and running. You have to make sure that you can reach out to the target audience. One of the best ways to increase the online visibility is to take the SEO path. Search engine optimization encompasses a lot of things. It is not a one-step process. Backlinking is one of the most important aspects of SEO. If you are someone who knows even a little about SEO must have also heard about backlinking.
So what is backlinking? Let’s put it very simply. Let’s say you have a web site and one of the web pages you have included the link to another website so that your users can get more information. It means that you have created a backlink for that site. To rank better in SEO, you have to get more backlinks to your site; this means more websites should have the link to your site on their pages. The higher the number of the links, the better you rank with Google and other search engines.
Build it naturally
- There was a time when people would start random websites and insert backlinks to their main website. This way they could build thousands of backlinks within a short period of time. But that did not add much value to the users. This is why Google rewrote its algorithms. Today, you need to build the links to your site in a natural way. Trying to manipulate Google may result in heavy penalties.
- Let’s say there is a website that published only a month ago. But within a month it was able to get thousands of backlinks without any substantial increase in the traffic. Doesn’t it sound a little fishy? Yes it does and Google will be able to get the whiff of it.
- If you want to boost the backlinks to your site, you will need to do it naturally.
- Article marketing remains as one of the best ways to get the quality backlinks to your website. However, before you get started, there are a few things you will want to know. Following the right way will help you boost your backlinks and rank better in SEO.
- Make sure that you are doing the article marketing on the sites that are relevant to you. For example, if you are a blogger who writes about gadgets, you will want to make sure that the article directory you choose is also about the same niche.
- It is also highly important to use the anchor text effectively. Remember that article marketing will be rendered useless if you are not able to use the anchor text effectively.
- Also, you will want to make sure that you submit majority of your content only to the sites that are reputable. The article directories that are reputable, well established, and have higher search engine authority will give you quality backlinks.
- Submit the article to the dofollow directories. This is because many search engines do not consider the links coming from the nofollow directories.
- Another incredible way to boost the backlinks to your site is using the press releases. If the press release has been done effectively it can give you some really quality backlinks. This is because you have higher chances of being picked by the sites for news. Therefore, it gives your backlink more exposure.
- If you are trying to gain the press release advantage you will need to be very concerned about the title you are choosing. The title just not needs to be catchy or attractive but it must also be newsworthy. This will ensure that more people get interested in your news. You should also have the link to your own website somewhere in the press release. This will help you against the credit stealers.
- This is another great way to build the ^( to your website. The good thing is that the blog sites on which you will submit the posts are already trusted by search engines like Google.
- If your post is well written, it may even feature on the homepage of the site. This will give SEO another boost.