Snapchat is permanently banning Trump’s account

Snapchat-Logo-Phone-USA-Flag-4527

Snapchat is the latest company to crack down on Trump.

Angela Lang / CNET

Snap, the parent company of the news disappearing app Snapchat, said Wednesday it will permanently suspend President Donald Trump’s account “in the interests of public safety” following last week’s deadly Capitol Hill riot.

“Last week, we announced a permanent ban on President Trump’s Snapchat account and examined what long-term action would be in the best interests of our Snapchat community. In the interests of public safety and based on his attempts to spread misinformation, incite hate speech and violence “That clearly violates our guidelines, we have decided to permanently terminate his account,” said Snap in a statement.

The tech company is the latest to take a tougher stance on Trump, who has been scrutinized for making unsubstantiated allegations of election fraud. Five people died as a result of the riots in the U.S. Capitol when U.S. lawmaker certified Joe Biden as the next U.S. President. Twitter permanently banned Trump last week after posting tweets that violated the website’s rules against glorifying violence. Facebook has suspended Trump’s account indefinitely. YouTube from Google said Tuesday it put Trump’s account on hold for at least a week.

In June, Snapchat stopped promoting Trump’s account on a curated content page called Discover because the company refused to “reinforce voices inciting racial violence and injustice” following the police murder of George Floyd. In a statement to the New York Times, Snap said she made the decision after the president tweeted that if they breached the fence, racial justice protesters outside the White House would “greet them with the most vicious dogs and weapons.” would.

Since then, the president has broken Snapchat’s rules against hate speech, incitement to violence, and misinformation dozens of times. However, the content was pulled down a few minutes after its release.

On Wednesday, Trump card, who has 2 million followers on Snapchat, has been charged for the second time. Video highlights began to appear on his account as of late Wednesday afternoon, but Snap says his entire account will be closed. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Source link

Jothi Venkat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.