For the latest corona virus pandemic news and information, visit WHO website.
Thecontinue to wreak havoc. As people are instructed to stay at home and avoid contact with others, a cascade of cancellations and postponements has removed important events from the calendar.
Disneyland and Disney World are closed. Films from James Bond to Black Widow have been postponed. Major events like SXSW, the, the and were all canceled. , the Cannes Film Festival and that were hit. The how many other sports leagues. Formula 1 and Wimbledon are also off.
The last major event affected:, which was scheduled for July 23-26. Pride parades in cities like New York and San Francisco were also canceled.
This is how the outbreak with postponements, cancellations and closings affects our lives.
- Tour de France The Cycling race will not start on June 27th as planned. The organizers said they were trying to find new dates for the event.
- UFC 249 UFC President Dana White said on April 9 that the event was scheduled for April 18. was canceled.
- British Open On April 6, the Royal and Ancient Golf Club announced that the 149th British Open Championship will be delayed until 2021.
- Wimbledon On April 1, the 2020 tennis championship was postponed to 2021, where it will take place from June 28 to July 11.
- Tokyo Olympics On March 24, the International Olympic Committee and Japan’s prime minister said Games are now being held from July 23 to August 8, 2021, with the Paralympic Games from August 24 to September 5, 2021. . On March 30, the IOC said
- NBA On March 11th the according to Utah jazz player Rudy Gobert reportedly tested positive for the corona virus.
- formula One The , the first race of the 2020 Formula 1 season, was canceled after a McLaren team member tested positive for the virus. The upcoming races in Bahrain and Vietnam have been postponed.
- The English Premier League English football authorities have UEFA has postponed its European championship national tournament until next year. This can allow leagues, including the EPL, to end their summer season. until at least April 3, after a player and a trainer in different teams tested positive for the virus. On March 17th, the European Football Association
- Major League Soccer The on March 12, when it “continues to assess the impact of COVID-19 with its medical task force and public health officials”.
- NCAA Several major Division I conferences at the NCAA, including the SEC, the Big Ten, the Big 12, the ACC, and the American Athletic Conference, said on March 12 that they would cancel their respective conference tournaments this week. The .
- NHL On March 12th the .
- MLB Major League Baseball Spring training games have been suspendedand initially health fears by at least two weeks. On March 16, after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published updated recommendations to limit events involving more than 50 people for the next eight weeks, the MLB said it would follow these guidelines and further delay the opening of the regular season.
- The Masters tournament The Augusta National Golf Club postponed the 2020 Masters tournament on March 13, citing “the health and well-being of everyone involved in these events and the citizens of the Augusta community”. The club has not set a new date for the tournament.
- Kentucky Derby The Kentucky Derby Festival postponed all events until April 4th with the The Kentucky Derby race is said to have been postponed to September 5.
- Boston marathon Originally scheduled for April 20, the Boston marathon will now run on September 14, according to the Boston Athletic Association.
- EA esports Video game publisher EA said it was Suspension of all live events for its competitive game seriesThese include the Apex Legends Global Series, the EA Sports FIFA 20 Global Series, the FIFA Online 4 Live Events and the Madden NFL 20 Championship Series. The suspension began on March 13 and continues “until the global coronavirus situation improves”. Online events that isolate attendees and employees will continue, EA said.
- Indianapolis 500 The event was postponed for July 4th. . In the meantime it is GMR Grand Prix was
- Wisconsin primary On April 6, Governor Tony Evers signed one Executive order to suspend personal voting for the election on April 7, postponed to June. The state’s Supreme Court blocked the offer. The United States Supreme Court also overturned a lower court order that gave voters more time to return postal ballot papers.
- National Democratic Convention On April 2nd was the National Democratic Convention shifted from mid-July to the week of August 17. It is said to still take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Rallies Democratic presidential candidates Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders canceled rallies in the run up to the primaries in several states.
- Maryland primary school March 17th Maryland postponed his presidential and congressional primary until June 2nd. It was originally scheduled for April 28th.
- Ohio elementary school March 16 Ohio governor ordered polling stations closed, just a day before the state presidential election. The Ohio area code is now expected to take place on June 2.
- Louisiana elementary school March 13th Louisiana postponed his presidential primaries, originally planned for April 4 through June 20. Governor John Bel Edwards again on April 14 pushed the choice back until July 11th.
Cultural events and institutions
- Proud Parades Cities like New York and San Francisco won’t be holding pride parades this summer.
- Anime Expo The event, which was scheduled for July 2-5 in Los Angeles, was canceled.
- San Diego Comic-Con The pop culture convention planned for July 23-26 was .
- Taylor Swift The artist has canceled all live performances and appearances this yearand postponed the US and Brazil shows from their Lover Fest tour to next year.
- Shakespeare in the park New York’s public theater canceled this year’s free summer season.
- Burning man The annual countercultural festival won’t happen in its usual locale this year, Nevada’s Black Rock Desert. Instead, it will be an online event Virtual Black Rock City 2020.
- Peloton April live courses Peloton said it is stop production in the studios in New York and London until April 30th.
- Movie blockbuster A number of , including Black Widow, A Quiet Place 2, Mulan and the next James Bond episode, No Time to Die.
- Coachella The was postponed to October.
- Glastonbury The legendary British Glastonbury Music Festival, which Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar and Diana Ross are slated to attend this year, will no longer take place on June 24th.
- Hit ball On March 16, Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour said this year’s Met Galaplanned for May has been postponed.
- Tony Awards Moved from June 7th at an indefinite time.
- Peabody Awards The ceremony, which was previously scheduled for June 18, has been postponed.
- 47th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards will not take place in June as planned, the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences said in a statement on March 19.
- Ultra Music Festival This was Miami Festival postponed to next year.
- Upcoming films Many films and TV shows that are currently in production have been discontinued, including The Matrix 4 and some from Disney’s .
- WonderCon Anaheim On March 12 WonderCon Anaheim, scheduled for April, has been postponed.
- Cannes The prestigious Cannes Film Festival, which was originally scheduled for May 12-23 no longer an option“and that” it is clearly difficult to assume that the Festival de Cannes could take place in its original form this year. “The organizers said they are still considering options for this year’s event. on March 19 for a later date in summer. On April 14, the festival organizers said the shift was “
- Tribeca The , scheduled for April, was postponed after New York banned events with 500 or more people.
- SXSW Extensive South by Southwest tech and entertainment festival, .
- Tallinn Music Week was postponed for August.
- Broadway Broadway theater closed on March 12.
- Eurovision Song Contest The famous extravagant .
- EDC and Beyond Wonderland SoCal The dance music festival Beyond the Wonderland SoCalwhich was due to take place in March was postponed to June. The EDC Las Vegas was moved from May to October 2nd to 4th.
- Edinburgh festivals The world’s largest art festival, Edinburgh Fringe, was canceled on April 1st along with the Edinburgh Art Festival, Edinburgh International Book Festival, Edinburgh International Festival and the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. It is the first time in over 70 years that the Scottish capital has stopped holding festivals in August.
- Billie Eilish As if it wasn’t enough that the Bond film she sang the subject for is delayed, it’s Billie Eilish Postponement of their tour dates in North America.
- The Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and pals should continue their world tour in North America, but that Rolling Stones have postponed their summer dates from San Diego to Atlanta.
- Madonna canceled shows in France.
- The Foo Fighters have pushed back their 25th anniversary tour.
- Avril Lavigne has postponed plans for European shows.
- Slipknot has canceled shows in Japan and throughout Asia.
- My chemical romance was forced to withdraw from long-awaited reunion shows.
- Pearl Jam has canceled a tour of North America.
- Green day was on tour in Asia.
- Pixies did shows in Australia.
- Action Bronson has drawn shows.
- Mariah Carey has postponed a Hawaii concert from March to November.
- Anger against the machine canceled live appointments Let the jewels run.
- The WHO has canceled shows in the UK and Ireland.
- Camila cabello Has postponed her romance tour of the US and Europe.
- Talk Shows A handful of late night shows, including The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Seth Meyers, have gone on to virtual interviews where presenters broadcast from home.
- The mead The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York said on March 12 that it would temporarily close.
- Washington Monument The National Park Service has closed the famous Washington Monument.
- White House Easter Egg Roll The First Lady’s office has canceled this year’s Easter egg roll from the White House“The health and safety of all Americans must come first, especially now,” said First Lady Melania Trump in a statement.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards The annual awards ceremony, scheduled to take place on March 29th, was postponed on an unspecified date.
- The Jonas brothers Your April 1st to 18th The stay in Las Vegas had been canceled.
- Kelly Clarkson Another Vegas disappointment: Kelly Clarkson did postponed her stay in Las Vegas from April 1st to July.
- Mandy Moore An Instagram post by Mandy Moore revealed the shift in her tour dates.
- Alicia key The singer tweeted her Another Myself book tour and new album will be postponedHowever, the book will still be available on March 31.
- Little big city Shows for the band’s Nightfall tour were rescheduled see you later this year and early next year.
- Zac Brown Band The musical act have canceled their tour dates for 2020.
- VidCon The annual online video tech conference to be held in Anaheim in June was canceled.
- Academy of Country Music Awards The event was moved from April 5 to September 16.
- Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame introductory ceremony The event that was scheduled to air on HBO in May was postponed for later this year.
- Lady Gaga The singer went to Twitter to announce that she was Postponed the release of her album Chromatica.
- Comicpalooza The comic and pop culture convention was in Texas canceled.
- Garth Brooks The country singer postponed his appearances in Charlotte, North Carolina and Cincinnati, Ohio, through June.
- BTS The band is Shift of tour dates for North Americaafter earlier Cancellation of his concert dates in April in Seoul.
- Harry Styles The singer postponed his upcoming tour in the UK and Europe to 2021.
- Governor’s Ball The NYC festival planned for June was canceled.
- Download festival The British rock festival will not take place this year.
- QuakeCon The Annual meeting held by video game investor ZeniMax Media, which was scheduled to take place in August canceled.
- Pokemon World Championships All approved competition events are exposed, including the North American International Championships June 26-28 and the Pokemon World Cup final August 14-16 in London.
- Women Tech Global Conference This year’s physical event in San Francisco will take place replaced by a virtual one Association of “women, minorities and their allies in technology”. It will take place from June 10th to 12th.
- Gamescom Organizer of the video game convention to be held in Germany from August 25th to 29th, tweeted on April 15: “Even if not all details are currently known, the nationwide ban on large events by the end of August will also influence the planning for Gamescom 2020.” The organizers added that the event “will definitely take place digitally” and that more information will be released soon.
Technology industry events
Several major industry events have been canceled or revised due to corona virus concerns. They include:
- WWDC Apple said on March 13 that it is this year.
- Microsoft Build Microsoft announced on March 12 that it was Cancellation of personal build 2020 Developer event. The build show will take place virtually in the same time window from mid-May in which the regular conference was planned. In April the company said it will do so external and internal events only digital until July 2021.
- E3 should open in LA on June 9th. Some exhibitors, including will hold online events instead.
- MWC An annual industry meeting that was scheduled to open in Barcelona on February 24 was an early victim.
- Detroit Auto Show The annual After the Federal Emergency Management Administration named its venue, the TCF Center, a coronavirus field hospital.
- Facebook F8 Facebooks and were both canceled.
- Google I / O. Android fans will miss it , the company’s biggest event of the year, at which the technology giant announces its latest products and initiatives.
- Geneva Motor Show The , one of , was hit after the Swiss government banned all events from 1,000 people or more.
- Adobe Summit The annual Adobe Summit in Las Vegas is off, although some content is offered online.
- Nvidia terms and conditions The keynote and product announcements for Nvidia’s GPU technology conference, which is typically held in San Jose, California and attracts approximately 10,000 people, was canceled on March 16. The company had already announced that the event would only be held online. Nvidia said it will continue to hold online training from March 25th.
- Snap Partner Summit The annual Snap Partner Summit, which focuses on the messaging app Snapchat, is a purely online event. The keynote is scheduled for April 2.
- GDC The annual game developer conference, originally scheduled for March 16-20 in San Francisco, after exhibitors such as Amazon, Microsoft, Epic Games, Sony, EA and Facebook failed.
- Google News Initiative Summit Alphabet Inc. scheduled for late April in Sunnyvale, California.
- Google Next The annual Google Cloud conference that attracted 30,000 participants last year, .
- right: MARS Amazon has canceled the upcoming re: MARS conference in Las Vegas, which focuses on AI and robotics and is already in its second year. All guests who have purchased tickets will receive a full refund of registration fees.
- Dell Technologies World Dell has reportedly told attendees about it At its 2020 tech conference, it was moved to a “virtual environment”. due to corona virus concerns. Keynotes and some sessions will be online according to the notice. Dell Technologies World was scheduled to take place in Las Vegas from May 4-7. Dell did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Photokina 2020 The largest photo conference in the world, which was to take place from autumn to May 27th and 30th of this year, was canceled by the organizer Koelnmesse on the 18th of March. It’s a semi-annual show, which means we won’t be seeing it again until 2022.
- Bethesda Digital Showcase The Elder Scrolls developer has decided not to be emphasized his upcoming games in June.
- Techonomy East The New York conference, scheduled to take place from May 19-20, has been postponed. Instead, a free online conference will take place on these days.
Corinne Reichert from CNET, Ben Fox Rubin, Jackson Ryan, Shara Tibken, Lynn La, Sean Szymkowski, Dara Kerr, Queenie Wong, Oscar Gonzalez, Dan Ackerman, Stephen Shankland, Chris Paukert, Erin Carson, Edward Moyer, Sean Keane, Eli Blumenthal , Richard Trenholm, Lori Grunin, Nick Hide, Ian Sherr and Shelby Brown contributed to this report.