Best blogging platforms
In the world where social media is all present, it looks like everyone has become a writer. From 140 character Tweets to long Facebook posts, texts are everywhere. But for many, social media platforms are not the best platforms for expression. After all, how can you limit your expression to just a few words? This is why there are blogging platforms.
Social Network offers a space that is shared by everyone. However, when you start blogging, you secure your own space. You have your own unique domain name. You do not get distracted by the advertisements. The influence of others is also less when you write. If you want to move away from social media and start your own blog, here are some best platforms for you.
- Inarguably, WordPress is one of the most popular and widely used blogging platforms in the world. This platform offers some really easy ways to start your own blog.
- So, if you are thinking about whetting your writing skills, WordPress is a great place. What’s most wonderful about WordPress is the extremely user friendly content management system. Whether you are a beginner or pro blogger, you will find WordPress to be a very valuable tool.
- With endless numbers of customizations and easy to use tools, WordPress has become the preferred choice of millions. You can start blogging for free or opt for paid WordPress hosting.
- When you are hosting your own domain on WordPress you get a totally unadulterated domain without the ‘.wordpress.com prefix.
- Both free and paid hosted versions offer number of themes and plugins to customize your blog site.
- Tumblr is not exactly a full-fledged blogging platform. It is indeed referred to as a micro-blogging site. Experts consider it to be the hybrid of Twitter and WordPress. Of course it has more writing options than Twitter, but it is still more or less a social media platform.
- The simply reason why it deserves a mention here is because it is an extremely popular tool among those who want to express themselves.
- It also comes with an incredibly useful app that allows one to post their texts very easily.
- The name itself suggests what the intents of the platform. It is also one of the most widely used free blogging platforms across the world. It is powered by none other than the giant called Google.
- Blogger is completely free and all you need to get started is a Google ID. Sign in and it will take no more than a few seconds to get your blog rolling.
- Blogger offers number of themes and customization options. You can make your blog look pretty attractive using the tools. It has its own editor with number of features to embellish your texts.
- Blogger isn’t as elaborate as WordPress though. It also does not have as many customizations or features as compared to WordPress. Still, it is a very decent platform especially if you are a beginner as WordPress may be a little tricky to use sometimes.
- A lot of people think that Squarespace is the platform exclusively for developing the business related websites. However, this is far from the truth. It is also a wonderful platform for the bloggers.
- It is a paid platform and you can get your blog running for as low as $8 every month. You can create some really nice looking blogs without having to write a single code.
- Just like WordPress, this platform also offers lots of themes. However, if you are someone who loves coding, you can create your own themes as well.
- It is very easy to set up your blog site using this tool. Your site could be ready within a few minutes.
- If you are looking for something rather simple without caring much about customizations, Svbtle could be your platform of choice.
- With easy to use interface and minimal design options, it gets pretty easy to start your blog.