5 Hidden features of Android 9.0 pie you should know right now
5 Hidden features of Android 9.0 pie you should know right now
5 Hidden features of Android 9.0 pie: Google always love to keep some hidden features within their OS updates. Just to give enough challenges to the techie who often wants to tweak the android settings and know its full potential. Now, if you are one of them who love to find out the hidden features of Android 9.0 pie, then you should start exploring them.
Because the latest version of Android pie has some hidden features. If you can’t find those hidden features means, don’t worry. I got you covered. In this post, I will explore the “5 hidden features in Android 9.0” you should right now.
Along with that, I will explain you about “hidden features of Android 9.0 pie & how to unlock those hidden features.
So, let’s get into the topic 5 hidden features of Android 9.0.
Hidden Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
In this post of hidden features of Android 9.0 pie, I’ll be covering 5 hidden features. Along with that, I also explain to you how to unlock and enjoy these five legitimately hidden features.
Android flags are one of the hidden features of Android 9.0 pie. These android flags are used for better understanding the intent of the users. If you have used google flags means you can understand the android flags.
I am mainly saving because both these flags are almost identical. With the help of these android flags, you can help users to simply tweak some design choice you like, and you can also revert to the older android OREO version as well.
Now, if you are wondering how to unlock this Android flags feature in latest Android 9.0 update means follow the below process.
Unlocking Android Flags Process:
- Firstly, to open Android Flag feature, you have to Enable Developer option in your phone.
- For that, you have to Enter Developer option.
- Then you should enter into the Developer mode, and you have to enable the Developer mode on your device.
- After that, you have to open the settings tab.
- Click on the system tab and then tap on the “About Phone” Option.
- After that just click on the Build number at the bottom part and hit the screen for seven times to enter developer mode.
- After going into the developer mode, you have to go to the Phone settings tab.
- Then hover over to the systems and hit Advanced.
- After that, you can scroll down and select the best debugging option from the list.
- Finally, after all the process you have to choose the feature flags.
By following the above process, you can successfully enable the Android flags. As of now, the list of Android flags is limited but you can use flags like “Settings” “Bluetooth” and so on. Especially enabling Bluetooth helps you to detect phone while driving the car or vehicle. If you don’t have, Bluetooth option means you can’t try this incredible hidden feature.
System UI tuner:
The other best-hidden feature in Android 9.0 pie is its System UI tuner. We all know that system UI (user interface) is always vital in Android devices. So, Google has created a system UI tuner, but they have kept it as a hidden feature just because it doesn’t want regular users to get confused with UI settings. The system UI tuner feature is also there in Android Marshmallow version as well. Now, in the latest version, it has upgraded and added a few more advancements in its System UI tuner.
If you are striving to unlock this feature means, don’t worry you can do that with the help of these steps. However, it is relatively harder than unlock this feature than the other Andriod 9.0 pie hidden features. But, I have mentioned those steps in an easy way for your better understanding. So, that you can just use these hidden features of Android 9 pie.
The process of Unlocking:
To unlock the UI system tuner firstly, you have to create a widget. So, let’s see the process of creating a widget.
Create a widget:
- Create a widget using the activity launcher.
- Usually, they are many activity launchers readily available in Google play store.
- But the problem is we’ve found that most of the launchers are not working perfectly.
- So, we suggest using the best options like Nova launcher and other popular activity launchers.
- In this process, I am taking NOVA launcher for creating a widget.
- Firstly Download and install Nova Launcher.
- Long press the home screen and open nova launcher.
- After that simply choose widgets.
- In general, there is always a section for widgets available in Nova launcher within the option settings “ Activities”.
- Just select this option and go to the bottom of the page and click on the option “ System UI.”
- Then select “ system UI Demo Mode” which is hovering at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
Now, this process will help you create a widget. After creating the widget, you have to launch system UI tuner.
The process of Launching System UI tuner:
- Click on the widget to open the menu.
- Then you will have two options one is “ Status bar,” and another one is “ Do Not Disturb” modes.
- Now, Manage the icons which appear on the Status Bar.
- After that disable the status bar option and turn off the switch right next to it.
- While this process is going on, battery and time are the only two options without a toggle.
- Now, battery widget will open a popup menu with the options whether to display battery life or only during charging.
- After the battery option, time option will be raised, and it will show the popup menu where you can select whether to display it for hours or minutes or just seconds.
- After this, right under the “ Do Not Disturbed” Mode select the “ Volume buttons Shortcuts.”
- If you disable, then you can’t be able to enter to the Do Not Disturb Mode by lowering the volume to zero.
- Now press volume down one more time to get your desired settings.
Emergency Lockdown Features:
The new Andriod 9.0 pie has another best-hidden feature that is Emergency lockdown features. This one of the best option to lock down your Android device for some time so that no one can access your device.
If you want to remove fingerprint and facial recognition on your Android device means you can just use this emergency lockdown button.
Now, let’s see how to unlock this Emergency lockdown feature.
- To unlock this emergency lockdown feature, you have to go to the settings.
- Then click on the security & locations.
- After that click on lock screen Preferences and switch next to showcase the lockdown option.
Now, then you have unlocked the feature. Most of you might be wondering how to use this feature right. So don’t worry I am going to explain you about this feature.
How to set this feature:
- To set up this feature, all you have to do is use this feature just by holding down the power button until the restart option or power off button shows up.
- Then you can find the lockdown button along with those options.
- Click on then new lockdown button, and it will automatically secure your device.
- When you want to unlock the Android device you have to open it just by using the pin or pattern.
- Then only you can open it, but the best part is you will get your notification on your lock screen.
Quick Launch Clock App:
In this latest Android 9.0 pie, you can find out the Quick launch clock. This is one of the hidden features in Android 9.0 pie you should be looking at. To access this feature, you have to follow some necessary and easy steps to enable this fast launch clock.
- Simply hover over to the settings menu.
- Tap on the time in the top left-hand corner to launch the quick clock app.
This is that simple; in fact, this is one of the easiest hidden features on Android 9.0 pie. If you have multiple clocks installed on your phone means you can select the best clock you like. This is another useful but very simple hidden feature from Android 9 pie.
Flappy Bird Game:
Google always has a tendency to hide some games from its Android users. Usually, Google will keep these games far away from regular users. And these won’t open in a few steps finding these games, and typical Google animations are pretty tricky. But you can crack that and play the new game with the help of this post.
In previous versions of Android Google has hidden the popular Easter egg game. Now it has modified the easter egg, and now in its improved version, it has created a flappy bird game. It is just the clone game to the flappy droid and which is first introduced in Android Lollipop version.
This flappy bird game is a bit harder to find. So, you have to be careful with the process of finding flappy bird game.
The process to find out Flappy Bird Game:
- First of all, to find this game, you need to launch the activity launcher like NOVA.
- Just to create a widget assigned to the shortcut.
- Long press on the home screen and select widget.
- After that select ” Activities” and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find ” System UI” from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose ” Marshmallow land,”
- Select the widget and change it to the “p” icon.
- Then click on the icon to launch the game.
It is that simple. So, start the game and start having fun. 5 hidden features of Andriod 9 pie
These are the 5 hidden features of Andriod 9 pie you should miss out while using this latest android os. If you find this article useful, then share it with your friends. You can see more article like these on the blog section.