Another week, another round of new car reviews and a lot of news. It’s what we’re doing here at the road show. Thank you for being with us as we walk down this week’s worst hitters.
This week, our employees have given their thoughts on some great cars like the 2021 Toyota Supra and its new variant with four turbo engines. We even drove the Ferrari F8 Tributo. And the news cycle didn’t slow as we followed the drama about Tesla that reopened his Fremont, California facility. Check everything and more below.
Here is a summary of our key stories from May 10th to 16th.
The Toyota Supra returns with more power for the 2021 model year. Does this sports car need that? Review editor Jon Wong took the wheel of the latest version to let us know. Meanwhile, managing editor Steve Ewing tested the new Supra 2.0, which contains a four-cylinder engine with turbocharger. The Turbo Four model had its own advantages, he noted.
Editor-in-chief Tim Stevens is doing well, guys. He tested the successor to the Ferrari 488 GTB, the F8 Tributo, and found that Ferrari somehow made an even more powerful car.
And now for something else. Review editor Craig Cole drove the 2020 Nissan Frontier, which packs its highly anticipated new engine. It may look like the same truck from previous years, but the drivetrain makes it a much better rig, Cole believes.
- : The electric car manufacturer’s CEO, Elon Musk, openly opposed local orders to resume production at the company’s factory in Fremont, California. The drama includes, but is not limited to, a lawsuit, threats, Tesla’s headquarters, and more.
- : The GV80 SUV has 10,000 pre-orders, the brand’s CEO told Roadshow. We saw the SUV debut earlier this year, which makes the pre-orders pretty impressive for such a short time.
- : The automaker confirmed that two new hybrids can be seen on May 18, but we actually saw one early thanks to a partial leak. We know that will be one .
- : The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV debuted and will be ready for law enforcement early next year.
- : Jeep’s popular SUV will experience changes after a poor crash test result with small overlaps with the IIHS. We do not yet know what these changes are.
- : A Tesla Model 3 owner locked a carjacking thief in the car until the police arrived, and the definition of arresting a 21st-century citizen emerged.
Battle of the medium-sized sedans
The Honda Accord is a popular mid-range sedan, but the new Hyundai Sonata wants a piece of it. Reviews editor Emme Hall details to see both.
Roadshows favorite cars
We have tips and we want you to know about them. While so many buyers are opting for large commercial vehicles these days, some really great small cars are being offered today. Cole goes over ours.
The best wheels and pedals for iRacing
We miss real motorsport, but sim racing definitely helps. Stevens goes through thatiRacing for the top tier of sim racing.